Thursday, February 26, 2015

The End of the Road & A Second Chance








First run in Russia 2013! 
In Russia, there are over 70,000 people who are hit by a car each year. Every fourth one is fatal. These statistics are crazy to me. 70,000 people! Thankfully my odds of not dying were pretty good. And here I am to write about it!
**This is not a plug to promote playing in traffic. :) **

With that on my mind, I was writing a letter to a man who has cancer spread throughout his body and chances are he won't live long. I don't know this man personally, but thought I could be an encouragement and write him a letter. As I was writing, I kept praying the Lord would help me to say what He wanted to be said. The Lord laid on my heart to share about the car accident I was involved in.

As I was writing, I thought about how I could have died had I started running just a few seconds earlier. If the man would have hit me head on rather then me hitting the side of his car. So many intricate details played out that day, and had just a few things been different, the accident wouldn't have even happened. But in my heart, I truly believe the Lord had a purpose for it. Maybe it's to befriend Sergey (the man who hit me), to witness to him and show him the love of God. I don't know for sure, but if that is the only thing that happens- what an amazing thing. And it would be totally worth it.

I thought about the man I was writing to, and shared what peace I have in my heart about death. Joy just floods my heart when I think about dying and meeting my Savior. I thought about dancing on streets of gold or running -because Baptists don't dance :). When my faith shall be made sight- what an incredible thought! And although my heart hurts to think about leaving my family, I know God would be glorified through it. I know God would comfort them and take care of them even better then I could imagine. In heaven, no one is sad to be there, they are healed and made whole. And our amazing Heavenly Father promises that we (those who have placed their trust in Him) will all be together again.

But how amazing to fall before the Lord in humble admiration and worship at His feet. I mean this is why we are here on earth, this is our purpose. To bring God glory and to tell the world of His amazing love.

If you had one thing to say to someone who was dying, would you not share the greatest news of God's love with them? Then what are we waiting for? Let's not waste another selfish minute, but boldly proclaim the name of Christ in all that we say and do. We as children of God are called to go tell the world.  We never know when it will be the last time we will see a friend or loved one. Our life is but a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanisheth away (James 4:14). Let's go tell the world, before it's eternally too late.

 May it be an encouragement to you to either keep doing what you are for the Lord or to step it up just a little! We all can do a little more for the Lord, myself included! Isn't the Lord good? I'm so thankful for my salvation!

***I found out on Wednesday that the man I had written the letter to passed away. Praise the Lord he had accepted Christ as His Savior and is now healed and with our Lord and Savior! His faith is now sight. Can you imagine????!! I can only imagine....hmm sounds like a good song... :) To God be the glory! ***
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:8,9

 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
 John 3:16,17

No comments:

Post a Comment