Saturday, May 5, 2012

Our heavenly little blessing

James and I are excited to announce that we will be adding a new little bundle of joy to our family! Just when we thought life couldn't get any better, the Lord blesses us with a baby. Our due date is November 1, 2012. Yesterday, April the 13th, we went to our first doctors appointment. I was eleven weeks along at the time, and we couldn't wait to see our little baby. Nothing could have prepared us for the joy that flooded our hearts when we saw our baby for the first time.

Our little one was squirming around with his or her arms and legs going everywhere. I just laid there and shed a couple of tears just watching our baby alive and well! Then I would glance over at James who was grinning from ear to ear at what he was seeing. (James was really hoping to see two little babies in there but there was only one :). Maybe next time!) We watched the heart beat on the monitor -144 bpm- nice and healthy! We praise the Lord that our baby is doing well so far!

As the doctor came in, he let us know that everything was looking great. And just when we thought our day couldn't get any better, he said " Why don't we see if we can hear the heartbeat?" I was so excited! The nurse had told us we wouldn't be able to hear it until our next visit. So after a few minutes, we heard the sweet little "swish swish swish swish" of our baby's heart beat. Music to our ears! That Friday was truly a gift from the Lord. And we will forever cherish those moments.

We truly appreciate your prayers for us during this time! As many of you know we are on deputation traveling around America. I won't be able to go to monthly appointments like I am suppose to; but I trust the Lord will take care of me and the baby while we travel. This is such an exciting time for us as we prepare to go to Russia in fall of next year. And we are even more excited to be taking a little one with us! I'm sure there will be new challenges with traveling with a newborn, but nothing we can't handle with the Lord's help!

We look forward to keeping you posted on our deputation and pregnancy. :) God is so good!!


4 comments:

  1. So happy for you two! I can't wait to be the Siberian "auntie" to this little one! We will continue to pray for you and this little miracle you are carrying inside! God is good! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, wonderful news!!! You are going to LOVE being parents... the greatest joy a couple can enjoy together. Precious, fun pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blogs. I laughed to read about your "struggle" packing shoes! I went to Oklahoma Baptist College with Hannah, Sharon, and Amos. We are missionaries in Kenya now. Congratulations on your new baby! I am so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! SO exciting!!!! I found out we were expecting our first after we had shipped our stuff to Ukraine. :) And I am absolutely in LOVE with your barefoot and pregnant picture! You need to take another one when you really look pregnant. ;)

    ReplyDelete