Sunday, March 18, 2012

Florida to Siberia

How does one go from the sunshine state to one of the coldest parts of the world? 


Living by faith- that's how! Living by faith is the most exciting adventure a person could live; and I am blessed to be living this life.

"For we walk by faith not by sight." II Corinthians 5:7
(The most simple yet the most difficult verse in the Bible.)

Life is full of choices. Choices to do right and choices to do wrong. To choose the straight and narrow road or the wide road. On February 26, 2005, I chose Christ as my Saviour, and that was the best decision  of my life. I would like to say, I jumped right in and gave my whole life to Christ at that time, but I didn't. I wanted to, but secretly I held on to a small part of my heart out of fear.

In fall of 2005, I was faced with another decision, to attend Bible college in Oklahoma City or to pursue a career. I knew the Lord had called me to attend Heartland Baptist Bible College, but again fear crept into my heart. I knew Satan was working hard to again get me off track. He knew he could no longer have my soul but at the very least he would try to get my will. I went to my favorite place one night, the beach, and sat and prayed. That night I surrendered and gave the Lord another small part of my heart that I was holding back.

Little did I know some of the greatest days of my life were ahead. A life of peace and true joy that can only come from living your life for God. If I would have known then what I know now, I would have given my all to Christ years ago and holding nothing back! I am thankful we have a patient God who deals with each of His children in their own time. Check out my next post to find out what happens when I arrived at Heartland.

2 comments:

  1. Well, look at you blossoming into the blog world! It is a blessing to read these posts from your heart. It will help me be able to help you and pray for you as you begin your new adventure! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next post.... she meets her prince!! Love you sis

    ReplyDelete